I came across Kashi well before I had children. As I've mentioned before, I'm a Weight Watcher. The girls at my meeting were always talking about Kashi. I gave it a try, didn't care for it and moved on. I tried it out again a few years back. Whoa, was I wrong before! I now love Kashi. My favorite cereal is the Go Crunch Lean. This is a pantry staple in our home. The kids love it. I love it. We have it with yogurt, milk, plain, fruit and just yesterday, I blended it into a smoothie! Another of their products that are a staple in our house, TLC Granola Bars. Have you ever read the ingredients of a granola bar? I bet you THOUGHT they all were healthy and had lots of good stuff in them. Think again. Kashi is one of the few brands that I came across without High Fructose Corn Syrup. Having Oats as a main ingredient is something all granola bars should have, right? I really have learned a lot by reading labels. Kashi fills my need of convenience food. Trying to eat a mostly whole food and minimally processed diet isn't easy. Especially, when life gets busy. It's easy to just throw a granola bar in a bag and head out. I trust Kashi's ingredients. There are several other products by Kashi that are new, such as pizza, frozen meals, and cookies. We haven't tried them yet. If the occasion ever comes where we may need those items, I would try the Kashi first.
My second "brand" is Trader Joe's.
This is one of my all time favorite stores. It also happens to have mostly it's all own brands. Most everything I buy at Trader Joe's, is a "Trader Joe's" brand. I started shopping at Trader Joe's a little more than a year ago, when we changed our family's diet. I was familiar with the products, since a friend of mine had shopped there often. I started out going every once in a while. I now visit at least twice a month. We have our favorites that we purchase. They also have seasonal items. We try those, too. It is very rare to come across a product that we don't like. Just like the Kashi brand, Trader Joe's brands brings me a level of convenience that satisfies my food philosophy.
What attracts me to these two brands?
Their conscious effort to bring good food, that is good for you; while being green, at reasonable prices.
If either one of these brands were to ever go away. My family would be lost. Since my twin boys were three they have been asking for Kashi for breakfast and/or snacks. I would have to start reading labels all over again to find convenience foods that comply with my food philosophy. Also, I would have a much higher grocery bill, since Trader Joe's offers me foods I am comfortable feeding my family, at a great price.
I hope for the sake of my wallet, and for the people out there that haven't found these healthy delicious foods yet, that both of these are here for the long run!
No comments:
Post a Comment